Saturday, October 07, 2006

"Lower West Haven Taxes in the News Again - in the 'Dear Felicia' gossip column!

Well, this has been the most amusing mention of all - we've been mentioned in the West Haven Voice, under the 'Dear Felicia' column. Known for being the "insider's" column about politics in West Haven, "Cobina" has this one wrong... based on what is being said, "she" clearly doesn't know who I am.

The column seems to make the same mistakes that many new readers had; thinking that everything is written by one poster who they say this about:
.... the guy behind the blog is the same guy who clogged up our emails wantin’ to find things out, but when he didn’t hear whot he wanted, he began with personal attacks. Then when he was given same, complained about how we were being mean. Some people yew can reason with, some people jest have reason to be unreasonable.
Wrong. I've never complained to the Voice about ANYTHING, let alone make personal attacks. In fact, I think Cobina and Bill Riccio would be very surprised to find out who I am. Sorry, Bill, but when Cobina says:
... it’s short on facks and long on innuendo. Actually, it’s like the ol’ sayin, “I’ve got my mind made up, don’t confuse me with the facts.”
"she" should look in the mirror - you've pegged the wrong person.

I can't tell you if the person you have in mind is one of the readers and commenters -- that person MIGHT be one of the posters. I truely have no idea if that is the case, because the posters are anonymous (many fear political retaliation), plus I have no idea of whom you refer to. However, I can assure you that you're pegging the 'blame' for the blog on the wrong person.

It would be FANTASTIC if Cobina, Bill Riccio, Chuck Marino, or WHOEVER from the Voice wouild come up here and present facts, and explain where you have think we have it wrong. I *want* facts for this blog. As it says in my bio:
I am a West Haven, CT resident, who shall remain nameless. While I am registered as a Republican, I'm NOT a partisan voter, and vote with my conscience. I do not represent any political concern, but instead am interested in trying to understand the politics of West Haven from a layman's perspective. Where I can, I'm trying to separate the fact from the fiction - please DO contact me to let me know if I have my facts wrong, and point me to the sources that I can use to correct my mistakes.
I mean it - if there are things that are incorrect, let me know - either by posting a response, or by email to westhaventaxes@yahoo.com . I'm more than happy to discuss ANY of the postings here, either on or off the record, as well as other people's concerns, either about the good or the bad being done here. The only thing that you won't get from me is my identity. It's not about me... it's about the town.

3 comments:

Colonial Park Taxpayer said...

Well sweets, tennyrate, I'd like to take this opportunity to tank Cobina for the free press on yer teknologikal web log..............

Colonial Park Taxpayer said...

The West Haven Voice is not the proper name for that paper. It should be the Picard Voice. It's almost as blatantly partisan as Fox News is to the GOP and NBC is to the Democrats. Any disagreement with them and you are a Borer-lover. I'd like to see Cobina's response to that in the next issue..........

West Haven Tax Payer said...

Heck, I didn't realize it, but we actually made Cobina's column twice - we were in it the week before, too. Sometimes the online articles are delayed - these were put online at the same time, as best I can tell, even if they have different dates on them.