Friday, October 13, 2006

Short Break until next week

Hi All -

Just wanted to make certain that you all don't think that I've deserted you, but I'll have some limited availabity until next week. That little thing called work is going to take up a good portion of my time, and take me out of town for a bit.

I'll try to check in tomorrow (Friday) for a bit, if I can -- if not, keep the ideas on the Fire Districts coming, both for and against... and I'll roll up more of the thoughts.

Then, later next week we can get down to the work of discussing those ideas.

2 comments:

West Haven Tax Payer said...

There was singularly one article that we were discussing the fire districts. Then, with the West Haven Voice publicity, several firemen jumped in and started discussing what we had wrong (a good thing!) -- and others started giving their input (also good). Normally, it would have been one article until that point, but there hasn't been a lot of other news coming around, so we have started discussing the pros and cons of fire department consolidation (at the urging of several people in the fire department) so that we could all be better educated about how the fire department currently works. (For instance, I had NO IDEA that we had both paid and volunteer fire personnel -- and I'd bet that a lot of people don't know that.)

We're not focused on one department -- it's just that the one department is well represented on this blog. If members of allingtown or center district were here, I'd bet we'd discuss those departments more.

So, no one is focusing on the West Shore Fire Department - we're just asking questions of the people who are actually here and participating. That's something I'm truly grateful for!

West Haven Tax Payer said...

P.S. for ladder35 - I'd urge you (and all new readers) to look through the archives going back to July - we've discussed a LOT of issues here. Mostly we are focused on ways to reduce taxes and improve the economy in West Haven. FWIW, I know that the fire districts are separate from city hall - but it's all fees that people pay, and it's a concern to them.