Monday, October 16, 2006

West Shore Fire District Blog

Thanks to WSFDFF, a new blog has been created called West Shore Fire District which will be devoted to explaining the workings of the West Shore Fire District.

We've gotten a bit off topic here on Lower West Haven Taxes; while the Fire Consolidation is one potential help to tax relief, it's only one segment of a broad spectrum of possible changes.

In my sleep-deprived state at the end of last week, I let some posts go through that I now regret, as they seem to have 'fanned the flames'. Many will notice that I have not posted their comments from this past weekend. In doing so, it's not because I'm trying to limit perspective - I'd say that there were equal numbers of posts on both sides of the issues that I haven't put through. Instead, I've decided that posts that are either inflamatory, attacks, or overly defensive aren't going to be posted. We should be discussing ideas, not attacking each other.

Additionally, for the Fire Consolidation Good/Bad areas, if the posts were discussing the ideas, I'd like to ask you to hold off on that post until we get to the Discussion post that I promised later this week. We're a few posts short in that area, though, and I'd like to see more in the Good/Bad first.

I have some other news topics that I'll soon be blogging about - while I welcome additional discussion about the fire consolidation under the appropriate topics, I really want to see both sides act with respect. There is no need to be outraged on either side here. While we are discussing topics that are near and dear to our hearts, we can still try to keep an open mind, and assume the best intentions in all posts, as opposed to thinking everything 'is fighting words'. Let's educate each other instead of being 'morally outraged'.

No comments: